Tuesday, November 13, 2007

#17 Add an Entry to a Wiki

At first, this seemed like a great opportunity to participate in a new Library 2.0 tool that I have come to enjoy (see posting #16). However, once I started asking myself, "what should I add or create for a wiki", I froze. I could add something to an existing Wikipedia article, but what would be appropriate? Adding to the Queens Library entry? The YALSA entry? Maybe the "Paul is Dead" entry as I know lots of clues? There are other wikis I could have added to, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Finally, I got it. I created a new Wikipedia entry (no easy feat to find something not there) on my father's hometown in Belgium, where I spent my childhood summers. I created only a few lines to start and figure I will go back and add to it, along with anyone else who has something to say about this tiny village in eastern Belgium. Wikipedia adds the hotlinks and makes it look very professional. I am very pleased with my entry, except that it is now my new ongoing projects, and I really didn't need one of those. Here is the link to my article or just enter "Barvaux" in the search box. Enjoy. Barvaux, Belgium in Wikipedia

No comments: