Wednesday, November 14, 2007

#17 1/2 Explore Facebook

A few months ago, as part of the staff chat project, I joined Facebook to test that site for a possible platform for our Queens Library chat. Obviously, we did not select that format, but I have maintained a peripheral interest in Facebook. It is an easy format to maintain ongoing contact with friends and strangers and find out more (and more) about those people. Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can easily see how people can spend hours a day on this site. The fact that I have 12 friends surprises me a little. Not that I don't have friends, but that it is so easy to maintain with little enthusiasm. That being said, I welcome more friends to share fun thoughts and have another venue to maintain contact, which is what it is all about.

No comments: