Friday, November 2, 2007

#12 Roll Your Own Search Engine

So I went to Rollyo thinking that it was something that it is not. I wanted to have a search engine that would only search certain terms in a variety of search engines or sites but I guess that is a meta-search engine. Instead, I set up a Rollyo account to....to...do what? I have to say I am not sure what the function of this is except to direct me, or those that use "my" search engine to their advertisers. When one does a search on say, "Belgium", on one of my choices, one is directed to some good sites, but why use this instead of just going to the original sites. I think Google is another good example. Why do a search on Rollyo instead of going to Google directly. I would like someone to set me straight as to how to use this correctly.

1 comment:

Barb Conkin said...

I used Rollyo to search only the online stores that I buy clothes from. I was able to find all the wool pants in my favorite online shops with one search.

Details are in my blog - Barb's blog.

I agree that searching for Belgium may be better on google, but you could rollyo your favorite tourist sites there and search only them.