Thursday, October 11, 2007

# 5 Explore Flickr

The photo you see is the great Croton Dam, located in Croton-on-Hudson, NY. As it was in my hometown growing up, I would often bike there with friends or on my own. We never got tired of taking in the greatness of this structure. Even though I found a panoramic photo, it still does not do justice to the size of this dam. Even today, it is one of the world's largest human made structures in the world, created with simple machines and the hands of laborers. If ever in Northern Westchester, I highly recommend seeing this great site.

3 comments:

I am a Librarian Goddess! said...

nice pic! i used to live in that area, but alas i never saw that dam. damned.

Auntie En said...

I know the Croton Dam well, but as my friends and I were coming from Somers, our trip necessitated a car. Nice picture!

Sherwood said...

I just printed a Google map direction to the Croton Dam. I will go and see the great structure. Thanks for the posting.